& Denise Tutte
P. (250) 924-0113
Phone Gerry Beltgens http://vanislerealestate.ca
P.o. Box 1443 - 516 1st Avenue
Vancouver Island Listings
Agents for the Island Lifestyle
2.59 acres zoned Industrial I-1. Great highway exposure on the South end of Ladysmith in a commercial and light industrial area that includes a mobile home park and self storage facility. This property can have 1 residence and is ideal for light manufacturing, Self Storage, Equipment Sales and Storage, Contractor sales etc. The property is on gently sloping land with mountain views and a small creek at the ba...
Lots of room for the family inside and out. 3 bdrm + den character home on fully fenced 1/2 acre in North Oyster area. The vaulted ceiling in livingroom is milled from trees from the property. This home boasts a family friendly layout with private master suite and huge walk in closet on upper floor. Large 24x22' wired detached shop provides plenty of room for storage or hobbies. Recent roof, flooring, paint a...
Beautiful, 3 bdrm, 2 bath, home in quiet Rocky Creek Village Park. Vaulted ceilings, open concept layout and large kitchen give a feeling of spaciousness. Lovingly maintained and beautifully decorated, this home has an attractively landscaped, low maintenance yard. The covered and private back deck is the perfect place to enjoy morning coffees and summer sunset meals. The master bedroom is generously sized wi...
Where else can you find a 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with a large basement and great ocean views, within walking distance to schools, shopping, the waterfront and a hospital. This old house is a little worn from years of family life but has everything needed to be your perfect home. Or it can be a great investment. Zoning allows for a secondary suite and the layout is perfect for a 2 bedroom suite on the top ...
Residence, revenue, business or holding property - 2.59 acres zoned Light Industrial I-1. Older home on property could be renovated as a residence, office or rental. Presently rented for $1,200.00. Great highway exposure on the South end of Ladysmith, located next door to a self storage facility in a commercial and light industrial area. The property next door (2.59 acres zoned I-1) is also available. These p...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015